Here are ten flavour-packed vegetarian and vegan grilled sandwiches that I’ve come across on some of my favourite food blogs.
They’ve all got something special about them – a Mexican flavour, a veggie take on a classic Philly cheesesteak, European inspiration, mushrooms (yep, mushrooms – to me mushrooms are a special thing!) and two vegan sandwiches – a grilled wrap with garama masala and hummus, and one with homemade vegan cheese.
Each one is perfect to serve with your favourite soup or salad.
I didn’t create any of them, so have linked each one back to its owner’s blog for you to get the recipe and enjoy their amazing photography.
Vegetarian Grilled Sandwiches
- Vegetable Panini | The Garden Grazer
- Portabella Mushroom Cheesesteaks | Oh My Veggies
- Mexican Grilled Cheese Sandwich | Bakeaholic Mama
- Camembert Caprese Grilled Cheese Sandwiches | Vegetarian Times
- Grilled Veggie Wrap Loaded With Garam Masala and Carrot Hummus (vegan)| The Kitchn
- Mushroom Duxelles and Asparagus Grilled Cheese | Foxes Love Lemons
- Loaded Veggie Grilled Cheese Sandwiches | The Dreaming Foodie
- Grilled Cheese Sandwiches (with homemade vegan cheese) | Vegan Yumminess
- Great Grilled Vegetable Sandwich | Rachel Ray via Food Network
- Basil Butternut Grilled Cheese (vegan) | Spabettie